This has become one of those old-stand-by staple recipes for me. 5 ingredients, and less than 10 minutes of prep time, and just the one pre-packaged ingredient? Works for me! I adapated it from a chicken recipe in the comments on someone’s blog. I didn’t have, or fancy that evening, chicken, but I did have organic russet potatoes from my farm share, and I figured they’d make an even swap.
This is even better when the potatoes are slightly overcooked and crispy on top.
Potato Feta Bake
1 purple onion, halved, and sliced into thin half rings
4 medium potatoes, skin on, small dice
1 pint (punnet) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 – 1/4 cup Paul Newman’s Original Salad Dressing
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled.
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
2. In a baking dish, lay the sliced onion, creating a base.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix well diced potato, sliced tomato and salad dressing.
4. Layer over the sliced onions.
5. Evenly sprinkle the feta cheese over the potato mix.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn thoroughly. Bake for a further 30 minutes, or until tender to the knife tip.
7. Can be served as a side dish, or as a main dish.