This is what you make with all of those brown bananas in your kitchen!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Oven Temp: 350F/180C
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
OPTIONAL: 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
250 g 80z Neufchatel (light but not fatfree) cream cheese
juice of one lime (including the pulp juiced out) – NB this works well with lemons, and would possibly work with fresh orange juice, just don’t use the whole orange, and add in some orange zest to keep the tang
1-2 cups icing/confectioners sugar
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time (each egg should be lightly whisked prior to addition), until well blended.
3. Mix vanilla and bananas, then stir into egg/butter/sugar mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Fold gently into the banana mixture alternately with sour cream (can also substitute cream soured with lemon juice, but watch the consistency of the batter.)
(Add optional nuts at this point.)
6. Pour into a greased and floured 10″ bundt pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350º for 50 minutes or tests done with toothpick.
8. Cool, then ice.
Put cream cheese and lime juice into a mixing bowl. With electric beaters, whisk until combined. Gradually add icing sugar until to taste, and until thick. This really is by choice as to how thick or thin you want the icing.