1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Four 9 inch flour tortillas
2 cups grated partial-skim mozarella (can also use Monterey jack or Manchego)
1.5 cups sliced trimmed firm ripe green or black figs (original recipe said diced, I used slices instead)
2 tablespoons finely diced or sliced red onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Brush large baking sheet with the oil.
3. Place tortillas on the baking sheet. Spread 1/4 cup of the cheese on the bottom semi-circle half of each of the four tortillas.
4. Add a layer of fig, distributing evenly.
5. Mix together the onion, coriander and jalapeno. Sprinkly evenly over four tortillas.
6. Top with the remaining cheese.
7. Fold the tortillas over to make half circles, press down lightly.
8. Bake until the tortillas are golden brown on the bottom, about 8 minutes.
9. With a broad spatula, turn the tortillas over.
10. Bake until the tortillas are again golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
11. Remove baking sheet from the oven, cool slightly.
12. Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and slice into four wedges.
13. Serve warm.